Crowne Range Home
• Floor area: 650 sq m over two levels, with additional mezzanine storage in the garage.
• Bedrooms: Five.
• Bathrooms: Four and guest powder room.
• A home automation system allows the owners to control audio-visual devices, lighting, heating and security from offshore. They can regulate the living room blinds and window actuators for solar and heat gains.
• Monitored smoke detection and sprinklers.
• Walls achieve an R value of R4.0, the floor R3.6 and roof, R5.2. Air conditioning via a 35kW heat exchanger.
• The thermally broken concrete floor has in-slab heating provided by two diesel boilers.
• The heating system is designed to incorporate solar panels and/or geothermal heat pumps if the house ever becomes a full-time residence.
• A 6kVA generator provides back-up in case of power failure and feeds the fire sprinkler system and grey water irrigation.
• Architect: Walker Architects Ltd.
• Builder: A.J. Saville Builder Ltd.